Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cut off your finger? Sue

wrote in message

You appear to be the only one here.

Oh hell, I'm used to that. Great minds often stand alone...

You don't see a conflict of
interest?

Absolutely not. How do you see a conflict of interest?

He has a state-mandated monopoly (patent) and you don't see
a problem with the state also requiring his device? boggle

A patent is a state-mandated monoploy? Do you realize you cannot patent a
concept, only a method? He has no such monopoly. Anyone can invent their
own technology to do the same thing in a different way. Happens every day.
Would not surprise me if we see a competing idea hit the street soon, now
that a jury of your neighbors and mine have put on their stupid hats.

Any expense to table saw manufacturers
lies solely at the feet of the legal system. Narrow that down a little
further - to the jury system. Your neighbors and mine. You can't even
fault the lawyers - all they do is argue a case. Both sides argue
opposing
sides. It's the people in the box that make the decision.

...and you think this is goodness?

Where did I ever say that? I don't mind defending my ideas, but try to keep
your exceptions to my ideas limited to what I have actually said.

Get real! Saws are dangerous things. We *all* know it, as did the
PROFESSIONAL. Whether we *choose* to use a dangerous tool is our
business, not the nanny-state's.

Good lord - where are you coming from? You need to go back and re-read my
comments. "Get real"??? Kindly point me to what I said that you find so
offensive.

--

-Mike-