Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cut off your finger? Sue

"Evodawg" wrote in message

This is where I have a problem. Mandate this invention on all Table Saws?

You have to refresh me - it's been a while since he went through all of his
attempts at things... Did he ever try to get it mandated that all saws
would require SS? I don't recall that ever happening, but it's been a
while. I thought I remembered him lobbying for SS as a requirement for all
new saws though. Frankly, I don't blame him for lobbying for that. As it
turns out though, whether he actually tried that or not, it never happened.
Therefore, we're right back to where we were and I maintain that the issue
is with the jury system and not with his attempts to make a bizillion
dollars.

This is just an attempt to force his will on all. I have a really big
problem with that!!!

I'm with you on the notion of forcing one's will - but... did he really do
that, or is the story getting stretched over time?

You can buy a small table table saw for around
100.00. I use an old Delta which I will call a Miniature Table Saw
probably 2-3 times a week, (off site portable) which I paid 80.00. How
much would it cost to put this SS invention on this saw? More then the saw
is worth. If you can't figure out that using a table saw is dangerous and
you need to use special precautions then you have no reason using it. Have
no problem signing an agreement to hold harmless saw manufactures without
SS.

Again - I don't recall every hearing of a requirement to install SS on all
table saws out there. But, I might have forgotten something. I've been
known to do that...

--

-Mike-