Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Increasing the range/output power of a UHF video sender?

In article , b wrote:
On Mar 8, 4:05=A0pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
We need more information. What channel are you using? What's the size of =

the
transmitter's antenna?

Transmitters of this sort often have a short antenna (and even resistive
padding ahead of the antenna) to limit the output.

Lengthening the antenna might provide a stronger signal, but there's no
guarantee. You need to calculate the length (half- or quarter-wave) for t=

hat
channel.

It's output is currently UHF ch.34 (I'm in Europe),antenna length is
no more than 2 feet extended, if that.
-B

Optimum 1/4 wavelength antenna is 4.7 inches at 580 Mhz.
In any case the antenna should not be more than twice that long.

greg