Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Cut off your finger? Sue

On 3/9/10 12:26 PM, Kevin wrote:
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 08:02:46 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

That ship sailed when the Stupid Old Bat successfully sued McDonalds for
spilling coffee in her lap.

McDonalds was serving their coffee at a much higher temperture than
the industry standard. While you'd expect to get a minor burn from
spilling hot coffee on yourself in this case it was a certainty that
she would receive severe burns and would not have if they followed the
standard.

-Kevin

Plus, apparently, McD's had been warned several times or sued before
about it or something like that, and that's why the judge ruled in favor
of the lady.

Also, while we think the amount was ridiculous, the way the judge came
up with it, was to calculate the a single day's coffee sales for McD's.
It's akin to fining a MLB player $20,000 for doing something wrong.
It's less than they make for a single at bat.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--