Posted to rec.woodworking
Chasgroh Chasgroh is offline

Default Table Saw Safety was Cut off your finger? Sue

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 19:14:34 -0500, wrote:

On 08 Mar 2010 22:49:57 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

-MIKE- writes:
On 3/8/10 3:21 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:
http://bit.ly/bUTXOP

I wonder if Ryobi's lawyers even asked if he took off the saw guard.
I would bet a high end SawStop that he no guard on the saw.

I've seen a couple of construction workers and a bunch of amateur
homeowners crosscutting freehand on these portable table saws. They
eventually get what they deserve.

scott

Some of us would rather be retain possession of all our digits -
fingers are more useful than lawsuits.

I have some small stock (1x2) that needs to be cut to length (maybe 5
mnutes?) but it can wait until morning when I'm not fighting a sinus
headache..

John

....I don't use a guard on my Skilsaw(s), because that's how I was
taught and have vast experience with. I don't let anyone else use my
Skilsaw(s) unless they're equally experienced. Sam Maloof used his
bandsaw in the same manner, and cautioned his audience similarly, too.
Times change, though, and soon enough there will be fewer and fewer of
us Dinos...but you'll be able to use my Powermatic 66 *long* after I'm
gone...cut and count will be around for awhile yet...

AFA Mr. Osario...too bad you took that first puff...

gc