Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cut off your finger? Sue

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 19:36:44 -0600, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

"Joe" wrote in message
.. .

I'd be curious to know if he was free handing cuts at the time... If
so he certainly wouldn't be the first flooring guy to guide wood
through the blade sans fence or miter gauge...

thinking about doing that for cross cuts gives me the
heebie-jeebies.... for rips? Doesn't even bear thinking about. I mean,
I guy could lose a finger doing tha.... wait, nevermind...

Ya think...??

LOL ... like the Forrest blade guys at the WW shows, using one of those
little table top saws for demoing paper thin cuts, on a 2"x4"x6" slab of
hardwood, freehand.

What are they gonna do now?

Remember the video of the guy doing freehand cuts on the big bandsaw,
ending up with a reindeer at the end? I was in mortal fear of his
fingers the whole way.

--
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.
-- Chuang-tzu