Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cut off your finger? Sue

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 08:02:46 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke"
scrawled the following:

On 3/9/2010 12:33 AM, Mike M wrote:
So now when you buy a table saw you will have to sign a liability
release that you understand that it doesn't have this safety device
and the manufacuturers will have to offer safety classes which have
been available at the better dealers. Its like the notices on
generators in a dozen languages that says don't run them in your
house. If you buy something it should be your responsibility to know
what your getting into. If your operating equipment it should be the
same.

That ship sailed when the Stupid Old Bat successfully sued McDonalds for
spilling coffee in her lap.

I think I left the word "remittitured" out of my last post on this
subject. (had to look it up and forgot to go back) The judge
seriously reduced the award, giving her only her medical costs, legal
costs, and a tiny sum which is not to be discussed openly.

Until somebody shoots every lawyer in Congress and shoots the next batch
that gets elected and keeps shooting them until no lawyer dares run for
Congress that's not going to get fixed. Should have been in the
Constitution--no person who has ever worked as a lawyer should be
eligible for Congress.

CONgresscritters should start out their careers with a 2-year stretch
of hard time in a maximum-security pen. Those who survive might be a
bit better grounded on the necessities of life.

The Constitution also should have stated that "Anyone who _seeks_ to
be in office shall never be allowed to do so." The Founders were all
hesitant obligers, and that turned out very well. Look what we have
now! Disgusting.

--
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.
-- Chuang-tzu