Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus8009 Ignoramus8009 is offline

Default Clausing 6913, update on the interlock pin

On 2010-03-09, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus8009 wrote:
Did you take pictures? Do you have to remove the lead screw to get the apron off?

Some pictures are here.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Clausing-6913-Lathe/

Sweet. I don't remember seeing these. Is this part of reorganizing?

When you get done with this, I'll add a link to your project page. If you google
"clausing 6903" I pop up on top. Damn, I'm famous

Awesome. Great SEO job. I am number one for "algebra" and also my
trailer is number one for "homemade trailer" image search. I will
definitely appreciate a link and I can reciprocate with a link to some
other page of your site.

I painted the front of the lathe, with epoxy cold galv primer and
epoxy paint. I am not very happy with the resulting appearance (paint
"ran" in a few places), but I am sure that it will provide rock solid
protection. This epoxy is very hard and tough.

My paint job is a bit nasty. Guy that sold me the lathe told me the
ways are perfect and the paint is nasty. The ways are perfect and
the paint is nasty.

In my case, the paint looks not so good, but functionally I expect it
to provide years of excellent protection.

I did that by myself, it was not that big, maybe 90 lbs with the
leadscrew.

I get help when pulling chunks of metal off of machines.. It doesn't take too much error
in guestimation to get you hurt. I'm trying hard to avoid that magic pop in the spinal
column that changes everything for the worse.

I just try to lift carefully and not exceed my limits, but yes, I also
worry about this.