Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My recent fights with loctite.

RBnDFW wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:

Does anybody know of any other companies that even sell square shafted
screwdrivers? For as much slack as sears is getting for generally lower
grade tools, those and pretty handy as well as the really large flat
drivers that are really just prybars in real life.

Back in the 1970s we used to sell a ton of Irwin boxed screwdriver sets,
for under $5.00. Those things had the square shanks and the hardest
tips I've ever seen. Wood handles. I still have two of them, wish I had
more.
at least a few of those square shanks ended up replacing shear keys
on the driveshaft of my boss's 400-hp V-drive Chris-Craft. Saved a few
lake parties, they did.

hahaha.