Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Just One Use items

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 10:09:25 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Mar 8, 8:26*am, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Mar 8, 9:51*am, "Stormin Mormon"

bear spray when hiking

Christopher A. Young

What's in the bear spray, napalm?

AKA bear repellant, AKA pepper spray, it burns without combustion.
There have supposedly been instances where noobs have applied it like
mosquito repellant. I prefer units with a heavy lead content, myself,
say 10mm to 12 ga. In some states you can get bear repellant where
pepper spray is outlawed. Same cans, different lettering.

Stan

And the Bear Spray tends to shoot farther and with more volume, then
small cans of "pepper spray"

There are a couple advances of pepperspray over bullets
1. Doesnt harm the animal
2.Tends to temporarily blind them so they cant see you to attack.

On the other hand...#2 is really really Iffy.....

Carry a caliber suitable to stop the attack, and use pepper spray as
your first line of defense..but be also prepared to quickly switch to
the caliber you chose if the spray doesnt fend off the attack.

Gunner

"I believe that being despised by the despicable
is as good as being admired by the admirable."

From long experience myself, I can only say, "You betcha."