Posted to rec.woodworking
Kate[_6_] Kate[_6_] is offline

Default Stain grade wood recommendation for bathroom vanity top...

"blueman" wrote
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
My wife wants it to look like the old one did. Since the vanity is solid
and only the top is pitted and beaten-up, my plan was to just glue up a
couple of 5/4 boards of solid hardwood for the top.

The old top lasted a good 20-30 years despite the fact that it was a
thin veneer on some type of chipboard and despite having just a lacquer
finish.

The epoxy clearcoat from West that I plan on using has been used for
decades in boats so I assume that this upgrade to solid wood and a
multi-coat epoxy surface plus a little more TLC of the top should get me
at least another 20-30 years which is plenty for me...

---

Well, if momma ain't happy, ain't NObody happy!
You'll get it!

Hey, Cypress maybe?

K.