Posted to alt.home.repair
LSMFT LSMFT is offline

Default Underfloor radiator

ransley wrote:
On Mar 7, 11:18 pm, Sam wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Mar 7, 10:46 pm, Sam wrote:
Hi,

My contractor mentioned to me (but couldn't remember the brand) that
there exist hot water radiators that go between the joists on the floor
below and release heat through an opening in the floor. Could someone
point to a link to a radiator like that?

Thanks!

Sam

I bet it has a blower that consumes alot, it will raise your electric
bill, why not radiant tube and a mixing valve to lower the temp.

Because my floor is too thick? (3/4" plywood + wonderboard + thinset +
tile) = 2+". Can the heat get through that?

It will be fine, its also comonly embeded in concrete and your floor
isnt anything abnormally thick, it will heat more evenly, under you so
your feet are warm and since its under you heat is distributed more
evenly. If you are considering a new high efficency boiler Ever,
condensing boilers start loosing efficency as they heat water above
140, my radiators need 160-170 and radiant tube around 110f, the new
highest efficency instals are radiant tube, under tile and everything.

What happens when you lose power in the winter and all that plumbing
under the floor freezes and breaks? Tear up the floors?