Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Yamaha EMX640 mixer amp

Mark Zacharias wrote in message
"N_Cook" wrote in message
Mark Zacharias wrote in message
"N_Cook" wrote in message

Assuming its rating at 200 watts into 4 Ohms is per (non stereo) channel

,
it does not seem right that all that current goes through 2 output TOP66
devices. I've not found any date so far, mixer section not looked at

yet.
Does roundel stamp on the [cb with Japanese script on top and bottom
sections and 86 12 15 across the middle mean 1986?

The B1647 and C2560 are pretty high-rated devices. 200 into 4 ohms doesn't
seem _too_ over rated to me.

I commonly see them in consumer audio in their higher end model surround
receivers, that is the ones rated over the standard 100 per channel, more
like 120 into 8 ohms. So as I say, 200 doesn't seem too far off, perhaps
just a bit of a stretch.

Mark Z.

All power devices share the same h/s 6 of these per ch, bridge rect,
7815,7915 no special treatment for those final 2 per ch. No fan assist,
large convection area out rear only. Get into the mixer later for 7 more
problems in there, so probably will find a more reliable date