Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy Randy is offline

Default My recent fights with loctite.

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 18:01:40 -0500, Wes wrote:

Earlier this week I had to get a cam follower out of a machine. The follower was sticking
at times causing the machine that rotates a part and inserts a stud to fail on the last
hole.

The sticking and failing on the last hole was a matter of geometry and physics. Sure
drove me nuts for a while. Can't go into since it is a manufacturing process.

Anyway, I needed to get this McGee cam follower out. It had a screwdriver slot but I
couldn't unscrew it.

When buying cam followers ALWAYS add a B to the end of the part
number, this is B for Broached, as in a broached hex hole for an
"allen" wrench. Much betttrer than that ****ty screwdriver slot.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.