Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Block paving edging blocks

Zen83237 wrote:
I want to make a start on extending my existing block paving drive. My
question relates to how I bed in the edging blocks. Do I do this on mortar
or a dry mix of sand and cement packed down hard?
The blocks will be hard up against the neighbour's drive so they will not
move but may be nudged when either he or I manoeuvre our cars. Clearly I
can't bed the edging blocks down with the vibrator but if I pack the bedding
down hard then lay the blocks down I assume that once the mix has set over
time it will not move if the blocks at driven over accidentally.
If that is ok what ratio of mix and can I still use sharp sand or am I
better off laying them on mortar?

Kevin

Just sharp sand is the norm round here.