Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,alt.microcontrollers.8bit,sci.electronics.misc
Jasen Betts[_2_] Jasen Betts[_2_] is offline

Default MikroElektronica experimenteer board

On 2010-02-28, wrote:
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 22:41:38 -0500, "Stan Starinski"
wrote:

I am really against Mikroelektronika and the fact their IDE is not free,
unlike Microchip MPLAB IDE.

Get off your throne: "C is better" must have the proper qualifiers.

I used C on PDP 11/70 (UNIX), OS/9 (multi-user on a 1MHz 6809), and
80x86 platforms. I used assembly on PDP 11/70 (UNIX), 6809, and Z80.
I've also used *good* compiled BASIC on multiple platforms.

In the days of Turbo Basic and Turbo C on the PC, the compiler engine
was the same, the only difference was the front end. If there are
equivalent quality compilers for both languages on a given platform,
BASIC usually beats C in development speed - no need to write a
"middle of the string" function because the assembly version is
already in the BASIC compiler.

no need to write a middle-of-sting function in c. use strlcpy or
one of the *printf variants as apropriate.

it's easier than writing qsort in basic

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---