Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Portable Dehumidifier Recommendation needed

On Mar 7, 8:07*pm, Pointer wrote:
Looking for a recommendation for a quiet portable dehumidified. *Had a
Sears unit which was noisy and failed early. *Currently have a quieter
Frigidaire unit (30 pints?), but after a few years the compressor quit.
* Anyone have first hand experience with anything better?

Years ago I got a sears, the following year annother sears, it broke
right away and the replacement wasnt as good as the previous years
model, bigger and noisier. Last year I got one from HD, it didnt put
out even 50% of the rating so I returned it. It seems with china
making them models are never the same year to year in quality. If I
had to buy one now id be lost, I would get an energy star model from
the place with the best return policy. The only one I like is the
oldest sears I bought. CR rates them for efficency and noise, but
quality seems to be a crapshoot.