Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I was almost impounded, laptop saved me

When you are at the back of the truck with your hands over the back and
your feet apart - you want to say no ? This was a small insider
county. One would have thought they would have known.
Sons landlord a few years ago flew to Phoenix started a bar fight
and stayed a month in jail.

Martin

Wes wrote:
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote:

I can see out of control types that would take apart the mill
looking for a gram of drugs. Then give you a street full of parts.

That happened to my son in California as his truck was once owned
by a bad guy - bought at a police auction and reconditioned, sold by
a friend of the family to son...

Great truck, but he was stopped twice for the other guy. The second time,
he, the cop, recognized a change of interior and driver - let him go. The
first time his complete contents of the truck was on the highway. insurance,
CD's, tools and school papers.

Did he agree to a search? Some people give away their rights at the start of the
encounter. I've been asked twice if law enforcement could search my car. Both times I
said no, not without a warrant, and both times they let me go. Michigan and South
Carolina were the two locations.

Wes