Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_4_] Steve B[_4_] is offline

Default Hijacked

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Red Green" wrote in message
mm wrote in
:

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 06:30:10 -0800, Ed Mc wrote:

I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot
of
mindless drivel about social issues

You raise a good point here. I was thinking just yesterday about the
pros and cons of legal abortion, of federalism versus a strong central
government versus a weak central government with strong state
governments.

Also the state of international law, self-reliance, unwed mothers,
vaccination scares, and genetic testing.

And of course, how all of these relate to home repair.

I'm interested in everyone's opinion, so come on y'all. Join in.

and smoking vs. non-smoking. I
wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely,
"Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their
time scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to get some
help. Just vetting. Thanks for listening.

Even my opinion? Being a smoker, I have an inferior IQ it was said. But
at
least I'm not dumb enough to say such a thing. My shoes all have TGIF
on
them as a reminder...that Toes Go In First.

fyi, nothing is more tedious than an idiot who persists in trying to be
funny.
--
EA

Or a critic.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the
strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them
better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose
face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who
errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without
error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who
knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a
worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high
achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while
daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and
timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Yeah, that's about par for the self-obsessed maudlinesque TR, who proves
that even ADHD near-psychopaths, hell-bent on shooting every goddamm
living thing that moved into the crosshairs of his rifle scope, can find
time to write -- poorly. goodgawd.....

His nature conservancy would appear to be to have more things to shoot,
more conveniently.
Fortunately, he displayed somewhat less pathology toward his own kind.
And, without TR, Hemmingway would have role-model-less.

Heh, Congress is beyond criticizing, those mutha****as just need
euthanizing, all 550 of'em, along with the 5,500 very highly paid
lobbyists in DC......
Or, mebbe save on fairly expensive chemicals, and just tie them all
behind a pickup truck, and drive for a few hours at 20 mph......

Also, doing and criticism are not mutually exclusive, either -- esp.
constructive criticism. Cold Fusion certainly needed some critiquing, no?
Altho, admittedly, the comment at hand was not really intended as
constructive, since, well, it was directed at an idiot. The most you can
hope for with an idiot is that they eventually just stfu.
--
EA

Thank you. Good bye.