Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Why is my stain not getting as dark as shown in store samples?

On 3/7/2010 1:03 PM Leon spake thus:

As is scrolling down through 30 ~ 35 lines of text if a 1-line or one word
reply is at the bottom and it could have easily been used at the top.

But it puts the whole conversation *out of order*. As in bass-ackwards.

Larry's sig says it best:

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Unfortunately, we've all been bamboozled into accepting top-posting as
the norm, because that's the way 99% of the corporate world does things
because, I suspect, that's the way Micro$oft products operate out of the
box, and nobody stops for a millisecond to think that there might be a
better way--and because people's attention spans seem to be measured in
milliseconds.

All of which I utterly reject.

But the glaring fact is that if you look through this newsgroup (or
really any newsgroup for that matter), you'll see that most people
bottom-post, going against the grain of corporate (and probably
personal) email standards.

It just makes more sense that way, for reasons that have been
exhaustively explained time and time again.

- a Usenet "apology"