Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Q, simulated wood flooring

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 20:17:15 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 21:27:57 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

An author spends months writing a book, and maybe puts his
heart's blood into it, and then it lies about unread till
the reader has nothing else in the world to do.
-- W. Somerset Maugham, The Razor's Edge, 1943

Which current authors do think might be Maugham's equal, if any?

Since I haven't read Maugham, I couldn't tell ya, Lob. That quote is
from the Motivational Quote of the Day site. (std disclaimer applies)
http://www.quotationspage.com/mqotd.html

An interesting character and excellent author.

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it. Most folks who have said interesting enough
things to be quoted centuries later were interesting authors.

Which of his novels have you enjoyed, and why? (in ten words or more)
chortle

I just finished Stephen Hunter's _Hot Springs_ this morning. We
vacationed there often when I was growing up on Little Rock AFB, so it
was an unusual feeling to be reading a fiction novel about it set 20
years before I was there. When you simply have to be elsewhere, his
novels take you there. I've been really pushing it for the past
several months, so it's nice to have that kind of distraction and
peaceful hobby to diffuse the stresses.

--
The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook