Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Recent metalworking projects

Phil Kangas wrote:

What were 'your' recent metalworking projects?
Wes

Nothing to show off really, but this weekend I've been working on
reworking a truck box for my new(est) truck. Nobody seems to make a box
quite like I want, so I started with a 18"x18"x60" long underbody box,
cut it down to 12" deep instead of 18", welded it back together, made
some runner "feet" that will sit in between the ribs in the bed of the
truck and support the box crosswise behind the cab. I still have to fab
some end extension louver things that will fill in the remaining width
of the bed as well as protecting vent openings from rain and bugs. I'll
be putting a fan and thermostat in the box to keep it from getting
excessively hot, and will be mounting a 2KW inverter and a compressor in
the box along with the storage for tools and whatnot. When the box is
complete I'll have it sprayed with Line-X to match the bed of the truck.
The setup will also be on quick connects, so the box is removable when
needed.