Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default My recent fights with loctite.

Wes wrote:

The handwheel with the bearings and spacer was too close to the handstock for comfort. It
felt fine when I first used it and fixed it with loctite but after a bit of use, I became
disatisfied with it. I left the drawtube long and threaded a couple extra inches when I
made it. Well, I'm going to make a longer spacer and maybe even a larger diameter wheel.
Never tried threading a barbell weight I hope there isn't too much mystery metal in it.

The 2 1/2 lb chinese bar bell weight (about 10 years old) was actually pretty nice turning
and threaded easily. I cut off the excess drawbar and fixed this new handwheel with blue
locktite this time. Also made a longer spacer. I like it now.

Wes