Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Gerard[_2_] Gerard[_2_] is offline

Default Oneway chuck adapter

GDStutts schreef:
On Mar 6, 8:37 am, "Bill Noble" wrote:
perhaps if you used another sentence and explained what you wanted to do -
right now I have no idea what you want to adapt and what you want to adapt
it to.

"Gerard" wrote in message

Op 05-03-10 06:35, GDStutts schreef:
Can anyone help me ID a Oneway adapter Stronghold or Talon? Specs a
1.662- small dia.& 1.716 large dia.
Thanks in advance,
Gerald
It should be Stronghold, Talon is smaller.

OK I will try to clear this up.

I was trying to identify a ONEway taper lock adapter, those required
to be used with all Oneway chucks. They come in two sizes one for the
Strongehold and the other for the smaller Talon. the adapter has a
taper and I provided the small and large diapeter of the taper hoping
to tell if this was a small or large taper lock adapter so I would
know which chuck it could be used with.

Answer: the 1.7" large end of the taper is for a Stronghold chuck, if
it were 1.5" it would be for a Talon chuck.

Thanks for you attempts at helping when I was not clear in my
description.

Gerald

I didn't have any problem understanding your question. Perhaps it's
somewhere in the grammar, my native language is Dutch.

I have both Talon and Stronghold, I took the talon adapter apart from
the chuck to measure it, and came up with my previous answer.

Gerard