Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Which type of battery has lowest internal losses

On Mar 6, 1:35*pm, mm wrote:
On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 15:42:28 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) "

wrote:
I have a small battery-operated calculator that I rarely use, but when
I do need it, I want to be sure the battery hasn't run down. *The
button cell can be a LR54, LR1130, D189, RW89, 389, SR54, or one of
several other codes, *Either silver or alkaline. *Does anyone know
which type of battery has the lowest internal self-discharge?

I often sort of hate it when people undermine an OP by suggesting
something entirely different from what he wants, so please forgive me
for doing just that.

How about a solar-powered calculator? *I have a cheap one that does so
many functions I'll never use a bunch of them that runs off the
ceiling light, or the desk lamp. * It may have been 20 dollars, years
ago, when there was a sale at Radio Shack. *But no batteries. *Here it
is, Radio Shack 10-digit Scientific Calculator EC-4032. It has logs
and trig and exponenets and I got it because it has hex, bin, and oct
arithmetic which I once in a while used as a programmer. * *Probably
something similar with a different model number now.

Thanx, it turns out that the ribbon connector from the calculator PWB
to the LCD display also came off when I opened it to take the
batteries out, and I ended up throwing eerything into the trash, I
probably don't need anything more than sine, cosine and tanget and
exponents so another calculator I have can handle those.