Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Winter/summer tyre/wheel changeover.

They also might not know. That if you try to accelerate
while going up hill, you're more like to spin out. the two
times I've got off the road, that's how. Going uphill, and
decide to go a bit faster. Touch the gas a bit, and suddenly
I'm all over the road.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

Doubt you can get steel wheels for a lot of cars today. I
can't get them
for mine and I'm not going to spend $150 for an alloy wheel.
I've not used
snow tires since the 1970's anyway. Ice is more of a
problem than snow
anyway. This morning a little dusting got slippery and I
saw five cars off
the road including two 4WD. One was a truck with a plow.
One was on its
roof, another tipped over 45 degrees against a tree. All
within about 8
miles and within a 20 minute time frame. . Sometimes people
just don't
know when to slow down.