Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default cordless drill / now: tobacco sensetivity

The Daring Dufas wrote:
wrote:
dpb wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

The nice people who smoke are respectful and understand but
there are those afflicted with that "**** you" attitude who
have caused the rash of laws to be passed affecting the right
of all adults to damage their bodies any way they choose.
There is such a thing as personal responsibility, you will
suffer the consequences for bad behavior, not just your own
bad behavior but the bad behavior of like minded people.
People who smoke who feel their rights are being violated
should be mad at the asshole smokers who have brought about
the crackdown. It's such a simple concept to understand.

I don't think the reason behind present spate of smoking bans is much
at all related to attitudes/behavior of smokers rather it is the
nanny-state mentality the do-gooders have engendered. I don't think
the folks passing these laws give a flip about attitudes one way or
t'other; they're all for we know better.

--

It has a lot to do with money, as well...cost to employers and M'caid
in covering health issues. Of course, we will all die someday, so the

The US has lots of insane practices that cost us dearly, like "sex
sells"...sexually explicit ads geared to teens, crap food ads geared
to toddlers, and pharmaceuticals that nobody in their right mind would
use.

Of course, three of the four major resources that built this country
are outlawed or unpopular....sugar, tobacco, slavery and cotton.

Hell, tobacco does indeed enslave people!

TDD

Hmmm,
In my house we treat 3 things like poison. Sugar, Salt, Milk.