Posted to alt.home.repair
Bryan Scholtes Bryan Scholtes is offline

Default Help! Have odd plumbing size, need cleanout plug in Twin Cities

On Mar 6, 9:10*am, dpb wrote:
Bryan Scholtes wrote:
I had to hacksaw out my cleanout plug yesterday. Now I can't find a
replacement.

The size is 1.75" inside diameter. Yes, you read that correctly.

Nobody carries a 1.75" ID cleanout plug. And a 1.5" rubber one won't
fit (neither will a 2" - I purchased both).

Furthermore I can't find ANY info on the net about 1.75" threads.
House was built in 1955.

Am I hallucinating?

What material?

1-1/2" Sch 40 is roughly 1-5/8" ID; that could measure at roughly 1-3/4"
if you measured the outside of the threads in the plug.

It's highly unlikely the house was plumbed w/ anything out of the
ordinary unless this was something done by a DIY-er HVAC guy that used
tubing instead of pipe or somesuch...

--

So I should go out and buy 1.5" and 2" PVC cleanout plugs, and see if
they fit?