Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_2_] Jon Danniken[_2_] is offline

Default Hijacked

Ed Mc wrote:
I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of
mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs. non-smoking. I
wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely,
"Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their
time scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to get some
help. Just vetting. Thanks for listening.

Ed, thank you for your comment. We have investigated the thread you
referenced, and we can verify that there is indeed a lapse of content
unrelated to the legitimate home repair topic.

At this time, content enforcers have been sent to interview several of the
authors, and I can assure you that all steps will be taken to assure that
this never happens again.

Again, thank you for bringing this situation to our attention.

Jon Danniken
Usenet Authority #876