Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Bench Grinder(slow speed)

"Michael Faurot" wrote in message
Bill wrote:

I will look into the Oneway balancing system if necessary (thanks for
the suggestion!).

I got mine from Lee Valley.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...26&cat=1,43072

Here's a couple more bits about this grinder, I've learned from
experience:

o) Don't use regular light bulbs in the stalk light. Just about
any vibration and a regular light bulb will shake the filament apart.
Instead get "fan bulbs"; these are designed for ceiling fans and can
withstand some vibration.

o) If you get the Oneway balancing system, you'll find that you
have to either modify the wheels that come with the grinder, or buy
new ones.

I noticed that at the link you provided, they have multiple shaft sizes.
I believe the Delta grinder has 5/8" shaft. But as you point out, if the
wheels that come with the grinder have inserts because they are realy
cut larger, then I'll have to decide what to do. I'd be more tempted to buy
the 5/8" Oneway balance system and use the wheels as they are (unless
this is dangerous) or buy new wheels.

Thanks,
Bill