Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default Q, simulated wood flooring

On Mar 5, 7:43*am, Ledgewalker wrote:
I want to put down a look-a-like wood floor in a Florida room. I have
dogs, mostly old, and want a flooring they can walk on with ease
whereas wood has a tendency to slip out from under them. I guess what
I’m asking for would be a simulated flooring that is somewhat soft.
I’ve seen some in Home Depot that looked very realistic, but not sure
of the brands. Any help from those that used products of this type I’d
sure appreciate your input... Thanks.

Ray,

How small and rowdy are your pooches? We have a old but still ornery
100 pound German Shepherd and natural oak floors. Occasionally he
gets into a bit of a broad-slide but he learned to adapt. His hips
are starting to fail, which makes standing up difficult on any
surface. But he usually lies down on an area rug so he can get
traction to get back up. On the other hand, small dogs can be much
more hyper.

Maybe what I'm delicately trying to say is "are you sure you want to
configure an expensive floor change around old dogs." When they get
up in age they are usually short-timers.

RonB