Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman[_2_] Bruce L. Bergman[_2_] is offline

Default OT Good sale at HF

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 23:15:48 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

Harbor Freight has a 4-day sale going. One of the sale items is this,
for $49.95 with coupon, one per customer:

It has a 1/4 hp motor and a 3-gallon tank. Easy one-hand carry, about
20 lb. Not exactly a Quincy two-stage, might last 100 hours of run
time, but I think it'll do what I want and the price was right.

Just realize it's thisclose to "Disposable" and you'll be fine.

And don't forget to beat it through family member's heads to always
drain the tank after they use it. It's not something they'll think of
on their own - which you'll find out after it rusts through.

If you (or relatives) have uses at a different location for two or
three (one at each house) get another - then when they die you can
strip one for parts to keep the other one going.

These look perfect for running little things like a well-water-level
"Bubbler" system, and leave it at the wellhead.

-- Bruce --