Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Key Safe

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 08:59:02 -0000, "SS"
wrote:

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
In an earlier contribution to this discussion, John
wrote:
Can anyone offer to help me with a Master Lock Keysafe - the type
with 4 combination discs 0 - 9.

Between a neighbour and my own fiddling we have lost the combination.
There is no key in the box. I have prized the box off the wall to
take in indoors for further attempts.

YouTube suggested some trick with a paperclip - but it was to vague
to be of use.

If anyone can help then don't risk posting the instructions - advice
me on this site and I will post my e-mail address.

There are only 10,000 combinations. It doesn't take *that* long to work
through all of them until you find the right one.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Now its working sounds like maybe a little oil to lubricate might be in
order.

Not oil. Powdered graphite or dry ptfe lubricant.

_Never_ use oil on locks of this type.

--
Frank Erskine