Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Why is my stain not getting as dark as shown in store samples?

On 3/5/2010 10:56 AM SonomaProducts.com spake thus:

Yeah, this is really common. I think every woodworker goes through
this. Oils stains are just exactly like you state. You can get closer
to the store colors by not wiping off so cleanly and leaving a build
of color to dry. I'm sure that is what they do but it is not so
practicle or easy to achieve on a real project.

[snip]

So do you think you could ever learn to bottom-post, which is what, oh,
I don't know, 99.5% of the people here do when responding to messages?

- a Usenet "apology"