Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic[_2_] Michael Koblic[_2_] is offline

Default Machinery and insurance

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message

Is the OP trying to insure the machine tools, or is he worrying that the
insurance company might take exception to their presence if too large?

Both, really. I cannot see them worrying about a X2 mill (they don't, I
discussed it with them). I can see raised eyebrows at a 20x60 lathe in the
spare bedroom. I wondered what the general experience was and if there was
any sense of a cut-off in these matters. At what point will the machine
becomes uninsurable under the ordinary household policy and at what point it
might be construed as a hazard to the rest of the dwelling.

Asking the insurance company is not always the best policy.

I know that I am not allowed to weld within 25 feet of the buildings. OTOH I
am allowed to solder.

I am not allowed to have a web site - this would make me into a *business*.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC