Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Faurot[_2_] Michael Faurot[_2_] is offline

Default Bench Grinder(slow speed)

Bill wrote:
Any decent choices I'm overlooking besides Delta's 8" variable speed
(1725-3450) bench grinder (Model #GR450). I'd buy this one one blind
except the reviews I read were sort of disappointing. I believe I want
the slow speed option to help me avoid burning anything up.

I have that grinder, and like it. I use it for putting initial grinds
on plane blades, chisels and lathe tool sharpening.

Out of the box you may be initially disappointed though. When I
fired mine up the first time, it practically shook everything off the
bench. The fix for this was to use the Oneway balancing system to get
the wheels balanced properly.