Posted to uk.d-i-y
blackbat blackbat is offline

Default Wood filler

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 13:58:29 +0000, stuart noble
wrote:

No such animal to my knowledge. There are fillers that take a stain but
unfortunately they look nothing like the same stain on the adjacent wood.
My advice would be to finish a small section of wood first and *then*
find a matching filler. Plastic wood, Brummer stopper or those wax
crayons made by Liberon maybe.

Might use a combination. I need to fill some nail holes etc so a
traditional wood filler will do for that but there are gaps between
the horizontals and the uprights that might need more of a mastic
style flexible, albeit paintable, filler.
You're certainly right about trying an area that won't be on show at
the end of the job.
--

blackbat /\x/\