Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] JonH@Underthewagon.net is offline

Default Self Levelling Screed

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 08:31:21 +0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Rick Hughes
wibbled on Thursday 04 March 2010 21:55

wrote in message
I'd appreciate advice.

I'm refurbishing my conservatory. The floor is concrete but is not
universally flat because of an inexpertly filled in channel for pipes,
wiring etc. I'd like to lay either carpet tile or textured vinyl
tiles. Does anyone here have experience on the successfulness (or
otherwise) of self leveling screeds?

TIA
JonH

If laid correctly they are good ... but they shrink so best to do in 2
pours.

Not a problem with Stopgap 300

Or are you talking about SelfLeveling compound which is a different thing
..... these are pretty darn expensive

20 quid a bag isn't expensive for what it does IMO - the OP could sort his
floor out to near perfection for around 150 quid allowing VAT and delivery
and primer, tools etc and have the job done in a few hours.

Sounds good to me, I'll go there.

Over and Out
JonH (The OP)