Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toyota acceleration Was Snow Cover On Roof Provides WindProtection?

On Mar 4, 11:05*pm, Harry K wrote:
On Mar 4, 2:05*pm, wrote:

On Mar 4, 12:16*am, Harry K wrote:

On Mar 3, 8:03*am, wrote:

On Mar 3, 10:32*am, wrote:

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 07:23:51 -0800 (PST), Harry K

wrote:
On Mar 3, 6:10 am, wrote:
On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 09:08:21 -0500, LSMFT wrote:
On 03/03/2010 02:17 AM, Don Klipstein wrote:
In , wrote:
On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 14:48:36 GMT, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In ,
wrote:
How do you explain the fact that over the last 5 years or so Toyota
has a rate of these incidents happening that is 2X or 3X the rate of
other car manufacturers? If it was just people doing something
wrong, the rates should be about the same. They are not. I saw a
chart comparing them and GM was low, at like 1/3 the number of
Totyota. And Toyota was similar to other manufacturers before they
moved to the new fly by wire system. Which is not to say that proves
it's an electronic problem, it could be something mechanical in the
design too, but it does tend to support that it's an electronic
problem.

The thing that really stood out to me was the statement by Toyota's
president that they're going to look into programming a brake override
for the throttle.

I have only one question: WHY IN GOD'S NAME WAS THAT NOT THERE FROM THE
BEGINNING?
Because very many drivers will find the effect on driveability
something less than desireable?? And just how much authority do you
give the brakes over the throttle, and under what conditions, at what
road speed, and at what throttle position??

As if you expect need for the engine to be more than idling when the
brakes are applied?

- Don Klipstein )

What makes people too god damn stupid to pop it in neutral and switch
off the key? A woman testified to congress that she had both feet on the
brake and was pulling on the steering wheel as her car climbed over
100mph for 6 miles. She had to hit a guard rail to stop. How fracking
stupid can you get?

I wasn't really sure how stupid people could get. Your post gave me a
better understanding.- Hide quoted text -

Ya notice you are the only poster calling others 'stupid'. *

Actually, and in fact, that is not correct. Add it to the list of
things you got wrong. You ARE stupid.

It seems to me Harry is the guy calling people stupid. * Those that
died in crashes, including the CA highway patrol officer. * And he
does that without understand how the various systems on these cars
work, which computer controls what, how they may or may not be
interlinked and what is possible. * *His reasoning is that since you
could almost always stop most cars or even a Lexus by turning off the
ignition, shifting into neutral, etc, that it must be true on every
car from Toyota that is undergoing this acceleration phenomena * I
don't know about stupid, but it is very illogical and poor reasoning.- Hide quoted text -

Actually, that the Lexus can be stopped by shifting to neutral under
runaway conditions has been proven. *It was proven TWICE and both were
cited in this thread.

Then it should be easy for you to provide us to a link to any source,
Toyota, the media, etc where they proved it. * First, it should be
obvious to even you that they can't actually duplicate the runaway
condition, because no one knows what is causing it and exactly what
occurs during that period. * * However, a good starting point would be
where the test was done going 120 mph under full throttle.
Waiting.......- Hide quoted text -

Already done as to a cite for it being proved and as I said *I have no
cite from Toyota. *You _could_ try reading my respons to you directly
above this but that might be asking just a bit too much of you.

Harry K- Hide quoted text -

I guess that means you have no link. Kind of strange since you
accused me of not watching the news, because the test case proof you
are crowing about was all over the news. Why it was everywhere.
Yet, you have not a single link and you think I should just take what
you say you saw on TV as all there is too it. Here's an example of
where that will get you. I watched the 60 Minutes segment on Bloom
Energy. I come in here and say "60 Minutes last night had a story
about a company that is going to soon have everyone generating their
own electricity at home using a cube that is about 6" on a side".
Following your rules, that's all there is to it and anyone who dares
ask for a link to more info about it is being unreasonable. Why it's
been all over the news. I saw it on TV! Just for the record, I can
provide you with many links to the Bloom Energy story.