Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Threading on Hardinge DV59?

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:39:23 +0000, David Billington
wrote:

Jamie wrote:
I know this is an oddball thing to ask but...
Has anyone heard of someone making mods to a DV59 so they can turn an
occasional unusual thread?
I'm pondering designing an easily attachable/removable add-on so I can
do it. I know that for doing lots of threading it would make more
sense to get a different lathe, but I might do this anyway just to
have a bizarre project.

Anyone care to dissuade me or point to an existing solution?

Thanks

Sounds like this may be an item to investigate.
http://www.medw.co.uk/wiki/index.php...ELS+Price+List

http://www.lathes.co.uk/hardinge/page4.html

DV-59 is partway down.

I have 2 of them.

Also a TFB for sale if anyone is interested. Same page

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.