Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default corrugated asbestos garage roof, how to spread my weight?

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 4 Mar, 18:28, JimK wrote:

Anyhow (fellow scientist :), how do you know you were looking at the
actuall "killer" fibres themselves?....

because the family business spent 20 years hauling the stuff around
(fireproof flooring and panelling) and I know what the fibres look
like under a microscope. I have 2000 sq ft of asbestos cement roofing
board (20 years old and 50+ years old) above the sheds, and it's best
not to ask what I've got squirrelled away inside them, but I can tell
you that I'm not worried about it catching alight...

Smokers don't ever think they will get lung cancer either, it doesn't mean
they don't.
Its a known risk that is easy to avoid, like looking before crossing the
road.