Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew May Andrew May is offline

Default dust masks for spectacle wearers?

Dave wrote:
Andrew May wrote:
Andy Dingley wrote:
On 2 Feb, 16:06, Fred wrote:

Can anyone advise of a good dust mask for spectacled DIYers?

Mostly I wear a face shield against flying stuff. Under that I can
wear most sorts of mask, disposable paper for light stuff on-site, one-
month 3M disposable rubber or a good 3M silicone half mask with
replaceable filters. So long as you have an exhale valve and a paper
mask has the wire nosepiece adjusted, I don't get steam-up problems.

For goggles (i.e. sealed against dust), these orange-rimmed Uvex from
Axminster work well with glasses
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...sfile=1&jump=0

Are there any goggles more suited to heavy work?

I don't wear glasses but find that if I am doing heavy work that
builds up a sweat sealed goggles will soon steam up. I am not sure
that the protective glasses type are that effective from flying
masonry for example.

Many, many years ago I saw a gell demonstrated that stopped everyday
glasses from steaming up. I was told that it was made from soap. I have
never been active enough to want to try it, so a smear of hard soap
might be your answer.

Dave

I remember that. Ideal Home show in the late 70's IIRC.