Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Toyota acceleration Was Snow Cover On Roof Provides WindProtection?

On Mar 4, 9:31*am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , Harry K wrote:

On Mar 4, 3:03=A0am, wrote:
On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 22:38:29 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote

Have you practiced getting a family of four out of the car while it is
upside down in a deep river? You really should!

If you are not prepared for dealing with that, you are stupid. Just
ask Harry K., DerbyDad, or DPD.

Correct, while it is not practical to practice, it is very possible to t=

hink
about what to do. How to open a door or window, equalizing pressure, the=

air
bubble that will remain, using a cell phone, etc. =A0Yes, it is stupid n=

ot to
think about it.

Thinking about it might be helpful if you think the right thoughts and
the exact same thing happens in reality that happens in your dream.

Just because actual practice isn't practical, doesn't mean you are
excused from doing it.

Slamming into a concrete bridge abutment isn't practical either, but
people still do it.

Due to:
1. *Suicide
2. *Being to stupid to pull it out of gear.

Exactly. I've experienced unplanned, uncommanded acceleration twice, once from
a throttle return spring that came off of the linkage, and once from a
faulty cruise control module. In the latter case, the CC engaged _full
throttle_ as I was coasting down a cloverleaf exit ramp.

Neither one of those events turned into "runaway" acceleration -- because I
did not panic, and kept my vehicle under control. In both cases, the brakes
did their job quite adequately, thank you very much.- Hide quoted text -

I had a few 'runaway' myself but considering the junkers I drove back
in the day... Most of them were resolved by kicking at the gas
pedal. Had a 36/37/38/41 chev and all of them belonged in the
junkyard.

Harry K