Posted to alt.home.repair
Twayne[_3_] Twayne[_3_] is offline

Default Toyota acceleration Was Snow Cover On Roof Provides Wind Protection?

In ,
typed:
On Mar 4, 6:20 pm, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:
wrote

Then it should be easy for you to provide us to a link to
any source, Toyota, the media, etc where they proved it.

Another unrealistic request. Can you recite exactly what
was on the new last Tuesday? The Monday two weeks ago? Can
you provide a link? I see a lot
of interesting news that has relevance to a conversation
I'm having a year later, but I cannot provide the link or
citation if requested. I'm sure you can though.

Nothing at all unreasonable about it. Harrry is running
around claiming over and over that it's been proven that a
Lexus like the one driven by the CA highway patrol officer
can be "shifted into neutral in runaway condition" and that
this fact has been widely reported. He says it's been
everywhere. The TV media routinely have videos or text
reports available online on all kinds of current hot topic
stuff. Also, newpapers have articles available online.
And those things are routinely used to establish facts.

Are you suggesting I just accept as a given his statement
about what he claims he saw on TV? Even Harry hasn't told
us what car was used, how fast was it going, etc. Is that
the new standard here to establish fact? And once again,
I'd say that the best he could do would be to show us a
link that establishes that a similar car traveling at
120mph can be shifted into neutral, because no one can
actually duplicate what is exactly happening in cars at the
time they are experiencing the runaway phenomena. But if
there is credible proof that the model Lexus the CA patrol
officer was driving can be shifted into neutral at 120 mph,
that would be an important step. All I'm asking for is a
simple link to see it for myself.

My Buick can be shifted into any gear you wish at speeds over 45 mph. Of
course, nothing will happen. Shift to Neutral, you're still in Drive, shift
to Reverse, still nothing happens and you stay in drive. I know because when
I read it in the manual, I tried it. All but Park, that is; I took their
word for it on that one. A step further, if you stick it in L1 and floor
it, you'll still go shifting through three of the four gears. Only
overdrive won't kick in since it takes an electrical switch to do that,
which is held open unless you're in drive.
Anyone who can't turn off the key when they finally realize what's going
on though would have to be quite a rube.