Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus17386 Ignoramus17386 is offline

Default Any Clausing 6900 series owners? Control pin in apron not working.

Here's a problem that totally baffles me.

Refer to page 36 of my manual, APRON ASSEMBLY 6900-506:

http://igor.chudov.com/manuals/Claus...hes-Manual.pdf

On this page,a "control pin" is shown, part number 562-085, with
Spring 697-053.

I understand is that the purpose of this control pin is to serve as an
interlock, and to prevent half nuts to be engaged at the same time as
the worm drive. It is supposed to be more retracted in one position
and less retracted in another, and allows half nuts to engage by
permitting the "LOCK ARM PLATE 556-190" to allow the scroll assembly
to turn.

However, it does not seem to work: the control pin sticks too far out,
and is pushed by the lock arm plate and does not let it go. When I
bought the lathe, the control pin was bent. I straightened is so that
it slides in and out, but still, it still does not get pushed in and
does not serve the function of the interlock.

Has anyone had a similar problem.

thanks a lot.