Posted to rec.woodworking
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Bench Grinder(slow speed)

On Mar 4, 10:54*am, Bill wrote:
Any decent choices I'm overlooking besides Delta's 8" variable speed
(1725-3450) bench grinder (Model #GR450). *I'd buy this one one blind
except the reviews I read were sort of disappointing. *I believe I want
the slow speed option to help me avoid burning anything up.

Bill

The wheel is important, too. Coarse, friable bond, white vitrified
aluminum oxide cuts fast and cool, because the dull grains
fall off under pressure, making the wheel somewhat self-dressing.

Cheap grinders probably need a tool rest upgrade. The Veritas
works fine, but you can make your own easily if you're cheap.