Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Off Topic: Darwin Award

On Mar 4, 1:19*pm, Morris Dovey wrote:
On 3/3/2010 4:35 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Some scientists speculate that a lightning strike hit the primordial
soup and it sprang to life.... over time...more so for some than
others....nebber mind.. BRAINSSSS

Something to mull over on a quiet evening...

What do you suppose the odds are of a lightning strike producing a
single single DNA (the basis for everything we recognize as being
"alive") molecule from some random glob of "soup"?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

The odds are phenomenally huge, but in this universe, what isn't? And
rather than a strong lightning strike, maybe just a wandering
electrostatic sizzle could have randomly arranged a billion DNA
wigglies that eventually mutated into woodworkers as we know them?
Well.. it COULD have happened..... G Maybe when they turn the LHC up
to Volume 11 it could set off a chain reaction that would grow into an
alien.