Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default Bench Grinder(slow speed)

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 4 Mar, 15:54, Bill wrote:
Any decent choices

What's a "slow speed" ? Half-speed of the usual fast (same mech,
differently wound motor), or else a worm-geared 10" diameter wet
wheel?

I'm using a horribly cheap geared wet wheel for HSS lathe tools.
Crude, but does the job. So much cheaper than the other alternatives
for wood turning. Cabinetry tools I do by hand, or sometimes with an
angle grinder (tool held in a vice!) for resurrections and rough
shapings.

Andy,

My "biggest task" for the grinder, is to put a 3" camber on a plane
iron. Any thoughts on how you would you approach that sharpening task?
I guess I should learn what types of vices may be helpful with this. I
hadn't considered using one up to now.

Thanks,
Bill