Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Dacon[_5_] Tom Dacon[_5_] is offline

Default Bench Grinder(slow speed)

"Bill" wrote in message
Any decent choices I'm overlooking besides Delta's 8" variable speed
(1725-3450) bench grinder (Model #GR450). I'd buy this one one blind
except the reviews I read were sort of disappointing. I believe I want
the slow speed option to help me avoid burning anything up.

Bill

I've had the 6" model for about a year and a half and it's been working fine
for me. The tool rests aren't too bad - at least they have machined surfaces
instead of being just stamped steel - and it comes with reasonably decent
wheels. It's worth it to me just for the tool-less wheel changing feature
alone.

Tom