Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default surface plate care

On Mar 4, 11:54*am, wrote:
LPS 3 is like spray-on cosmoline, would be what I would use just
because I have it. *I haven't seen cast iron surface plates for
decades, most everyone in the business has gone to granite, either
pink or black. *No worries about rust or burrs with them.
Stan

LPS-3 is great stuff outdoors, not so good on precision tools. The
waxy film collects dust and grit. When it gets on your hands it
spreads to machine handles, eyeglasses, doorknobs, keyboards etc.
There are several other products that provide enough protection with
less mess.

jsw